Prof. Ramakrishna Podila, PhD
Assistant Professor, Research Director (CNI)
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Clemson, SC 29634-0978
Wren E. Gregory
- Achyut J. Raghavendra (PhD-Physics 18)- Post-doctoral fellow at FDA
- Fengjio Liu (Phd-Physics 19)
- Anthony S. Childress (PhD-Physics 18)- Post-doctoral fellow at Northwestern University
- Sai Sunil Kumar Mallineni (PhD-Physics 18)- Intel
- Yongchang Dong (Phd-Physics 18)- Applied Materials
- Christopher Etteh (BS, Claflin University)- Summer research ’18
- Kymani Miller (BS, Claflin University)- Summer research ’18
- Sindhu Manchikanti (B.Tech, VIT)-Summer research ’18
- Balakrishnan Pillai (BS-Chemistry)- Presently at the Medical University of South Carolina
- Bishwambhar Sengupta (MS-Physics)- Pursuing PhD in Medical Physics with Dr. Endre Tackas
- Joseph Denison (MS-Physics)-Presently lecturer at Presbyterian College
- Eamon Espey, High-school student.
- Dr. Pradyumna Mulpur (Visiting post-doctoral scholar)
We HAVE current openings for interested graduate and undergraduate students. If you are interested in joining Nano-bio lab, please contact Bipin Sharma (email@example.com) or Wren Gregory (firstname.lastname@example.org ) with a cc to me (email@example.com).
PLEASE NOTE: 1) It is highly competitive to become a student at CNI. An acceptance from the Dept. of Physics and Astronomy at Clemson is necessary and CNI or @cunanobio do NOT offer independent PhD positions. For more details about the physics phd program, you may visit https://www.clemson.edu/science/departments/physics-astro/academics/graduate/prospective.html (Avg. GRE score ~320).
2) The research in our lab requires an in-depth understanding of advanced physics courses including classical/quantum electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, condensed matter physics etc. While we are happy to recruit students from other majors, they are strongly recommended to move to the physics program if they desire to pursue these specific areas of research.
3) We are both a computational and an experimental group. We perform DFT calculations using Quantum Espresso and FDTD simulations using COMSOL and space-time slicing models using Python.