Prof. Ramakrishna Podila, PhD
Associate Professor, Research Director (CNI)
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Clemson, SC 29634-0978
(NB: Please note that the definite integral evaluation behind Einstein is incorrectly written. I have already informed Madame Tussauds in London of this error. However, they are yet to correct it)
Micheal Rutland (Undergraduate)
Alan Rowland (PhD Student)
- Autumn Reed (REU student July 21)
- Shailendra Chiluwal (PhD-Physics Aug 21)- Cell design engineer at Atlis Motor Vehicles
- Bipin Sharma (PhD-Physics Dec 20)- Data Scientist at FedEx
- Wren Gregory (Phd-Physics Aug 20)- Senior Scientist at Precision Genetics
- Achyut J. Raghavendra (PhD-Physics 18)- Post-doctoral fellow at FDA
- Fengjio Liu (Phd-Physics 19)-Atlis Motor Vehicles
- Anthony S. Childress (PhD-Physics 18)- Post-doctoral fellow at Northwestern University
- Sai Sunil Kumar Mallineni (PhD-Physics 18)- Intel
- Yongchang Dong (Phd-Physics 18)- Applied Materials
- Christopher Etteh (BS, Claflin University)- Summer research ’18
- Kymani Miller (BS, Claflin University)- Summer research ’18
- Sindhu Manchikanti (B.Tech, VIT)-Summer research ’18
- Balakrishnan Pillai (BS-Chemistry)- Presently at the Medical University of South Carolina
- Bishwambhar Sengupta (MS-Physics)- Pursuing PhD in Medical Physics with Dr. Endre Tackas
- Joseph Denison (MS-Physics)-Presently lecturer at Presbyterian College
- Eamon Espey, High-school student.
- Dr. Pradyumna Mulpur (Visiting post-doctoral scholar)
We HAVE current openings for interested graduate and undergraduate students. If you are interested in joining Nano-bio lab, please contact me (email@example.com) if you satisfy the following criteria. The admission to physics department/Clemson must be made through the graduate admissions website. More details below.
PLEASE NOTE: 1) It is highly competitive to become a student at CNI. An acceptance from the Dept. of Physics and Astronomy at Clemson is necessary and CNI or @cunanobio do NOT offer independent PhD positions. For more details about the physics phd program, you may visit https://www.clemson.edu/science/departments/physics-astro/academics/graduate/prospective.html (Avg. GRE score ~320).
2) The research in our lab requires an in-depth understanding of advanced physics courses including classical/quantum electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, condensed matter physics etc. While we are happy to recruit students from other majors, they are strongly recommended to move to the physics program if they desire to pursue these specific areas of research.
3) We are both a computational and an experimental group. We perform DFT calculations using Quantum Espresso and FDTD simulations using COMSOL and space-time slicing models using Python.